2018 SkillsUSA National Conference takes place June 25-29, 2018 in Louisville, KY
2017 National Conference Highlights
Congratulations to all competitors for a job well done at the 2017 National SkillsUSA Leadership and Skills Conference. Wisconsin was well represented in Louisville with a delegation.
The end of June was a great month for SkillsUSA Wisconsin with many members attending the 2017 National SkillsUSA Leadership Conference in Louisville, KY! Wisconsin had a strong delegation of 133 people representing our state. We had 71 contestants from 32 schools; they competed in 36 contests at this year’s Conference. Wisconsin won 4 gold and 4 silver medals and placed in the top 10 in 19 competitions. We are so proud of all competitors and how they did, they represented Wisconsin amazingly. Below are the winners and top ten placements.
- Gold Medal: Robotics Urban Search and Rescue – Middle School (Merrill Middle School, Oshkosh)
- Gold Medal: Information Service Technology (Stevens Point Area Senior High School)
- Gold Medal: Power Equipment – (West Bend High School)
- Silver Medal: Team Engineering Challenge – Middle School (Barneveld MS/ HS)
- Silver Medal: Screen Printing (Slinger High School)
- Additive Manufacturing (Little Chute)
- Related Technical Math (Baldwin-Woodville High School)
- Robotics Urban Search and Rescue (Elkhorn Area High School)
- Marine Service Technology (McFarland High School)
- Web Design (McFarland High School)
- Sheet Metal (Oconto Falls High School)
- Electrical Construction Wiring (Shawano High School)
- Robotics and Automation Technology (The School of Career and Technical Education High School)
- Community Service (Washington Park High School)
- Automated Manufacturing Technology (Watertown High School)
- Welding Sculpture (Wautoma High School)
- Broadcast News Production (West Bend High School)
- CNC Milling Specialist (West Bend High School)
- Television (Video) Production (West Bend High School)
We are especially proud that Jade B. from the Waunakee Chapter was elected National Region 3 Vice President for the 2017 – 2018 school year. Congratulations to Jade and the Waunakee Chapter.
Thank you to all our chapters, advisors, students and chaperons for making Wisconsin proud.