The SkillsUSA competition theme is used throughout the year in membership materials and as the topic for Chapter Display, Prepared Speech and Promotional Bulletin Board competitions at the local, state and national levels. The theme for the 2019-20 year is:
SkillsUSA: Champions at Work
Within this topic, contestants might illustrate or discuss any of the following:
- What does “I’m Ready” mean to you in relation to career readiness?
- How do you feel that SkillsUSA has prepared you to be ready for the next steps in your career preparation?
- In what specific ways has SkillsUSA prepared you to be ready?
- How is the SkillsUSA Framework of developing personal, workplace and technical skills central to the idea of being ready for employment?
- How are you ready with the personal skills needed for career success?
- How are you ready with the workplace skills needed for career success?
- How are you ready with the technical skills needed for career success?
- What can you specifically point to within your career and technical education program that has prepared you to be ready?
- When you state “I’m Ready” to someone, what are the specific skills that you have to back up that statement?
- How do you continue to be ready for career success with quickly developing advances in technology and business practices?
Download official theme artwork here.
Wisconsin Photography Contest Theme – Macro Photography
The topic will be addressed only for the State Photography Contest.
Macro Photography Definition: photographs of small items larger than life size.