SkillsUSA empowers its members to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible American citizens. SkillsUSA improves the quality of our nation’s future skilled workforce through the development of Framework skills that include personal, workplace and technical skills grounded in academics.
SkillsUSA produces the most highly skilled workforce in the world, providing every member the opportunity for career success.
The SkillsUSA mission is built upon — and its success depends on —the commitment of our members and partners to the following values:
Inclusion and Diversity Statement
In keeping with a tradition of respect for the individuality of our members and our role in workforce development, SkillsUSA strives to ensure inclusive participation in all of our programs, partnerships and employment opportunities.
SkillsUSA’s diversity encompasses differences in nationality, ethnicity, gender, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability, thinking styles, experience and education. We strive to make all members, partners and employees feel welcomed and valued in the SkillsUSA family. SkillsUSA believes in treating all people with respect and dignity. We want SkillsUSA to be regarded as a “membership organization of choice” — one that encourages all individuals to be involved.
SkillsUSA Strategic Plan
SkillsUSA develops and maintains an organizational strategic plan for up to five years. Our four key imperatives, approved by the board of directors, align with the strategic plan but more tightly focus our work around improved local chapter and state association health, supported by enhanced business and industry partnerships.
- Imperative One: Establish SkillsUSA as an education solution to state education agencies and local school districts
- Imperative Two: Create an abundant supply of well-trained, highly motivated teachers to maintain and grow CTE programs with SkillsUSA chapters
- Imperative Three: Ensure career readiness for every SkillsUSA member through SkillsUSA Framework and chapter excellence program
- Imperative Four: Enhance business, industry and donor partnerships
- Imperative Five: Extend the Reach and Depth of SkillsUSA Awareness in Wisconsin